Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wednesday-Trip to Ruidoso

What a great day. Got up and got ready to go riding on the BMW to Ruidoso. The wind is not howling today so its a great day for a ride.

Our first stop was the Inn of the Mountain Gods (see pics).



We then rode into Ruidoso and went to the race track. There had been a fire behind the race track and the burnt smell was awful.




We then went into town and parked the bike to visit several shops along main street. As this is not yet the season (season starts when the races start-Memorial Day weekend)we were pretty much the only ones walking along the street. Pat said that when he was in Ruidoso last July the sidewalk was so full that people were walking in the street. The shop owners were very friendly and chatty, so enjoyed visiting with all.

After shopping we ate at the Casa Blanca restaurant. I had the green chili chicken enchiladas and Pat had the special-3 enchiladas (1 cheese, 1 chicken, 1 beef with beans and rice). We both rolled out of the restaurant.

We then traveled back to the RV taking the long route going through Cloud Croft. We took a break before riding down the mountain at the grocerystore/bakery. The aroma of the bakery was intoxicating. I wanted to purchase some green chili cheese bread but Pat said he would have to eat it as I'm supposed to be watching my weight and don't each much bread anyway. While at the store a nice lady starting talking to us. I found out that her daughter owns the store and she lived many years in Burnet, TX and still has a daughter in Burnet that is a school teacher. I told her I once lived in Marble Falls and she has 2 childen that still live in Marble Falls. People are very friendly here.

Back home to the RV where I worked the rest of the afternoon. At 5:00 went to Mom & Dad's for happy hour, then home. Went to bed early as tired from the ride. Later....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Ruidoso to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete