Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friday-La Luz/Anthony, New Mexico

No walking today as we are getting ready to go to the cook off and I need to work before I get my hair done. Man do I need a haircut,it's been 3 months since I've had anything done to my hair.

I had to drive up the mountain to High Rolls to get to Kristal's salon. Mom rode with me. I had Kristal cut about 2 inches off my hair and shape it up. It looks and feels great. Pat even told me it looked good and he never says anything about my hair cuts.

Returned to Mom & Dad's, parked the SUV and rode with Mom & Dad in thier RV until we met Pat up the rode. I then got in with Pat to follow Mom & Dad to the cook off. Mom won 1st Place at this cook off last year.

Arrived at Tom & Michele's home where the cook off is being held. We were the last RV's to arrive. There were already 6 RV's already there. More cooks will arrive tomorrow but they will just come for the day.

Tom & Michele's home is very nice and unique. They have chickens, a pecan orchard, a garden and 2 big dogs. Blaze had a blast, he thought he was a big dog too and pretty much acted like he owned the place.

Tom & Michele are great hosts. They served green chile stew and another chili cook had baked bread to serve with the stew. It was yummy and spicy. After dinner we all sat around the big outdoor fire and they served homemade apple turnovers with homemade vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg ice cream.

After the great dinner I turned in for the evening, with Pat following shortly after. Tomorrow's the big day. Stay tuned for the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment