Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday-Sturgis, SD

I woke up feeling better than yesterday, not A-1, but better. I worked for about an hour then got showered to do some sight seeing with my guide, Pat.

Walked out of the RV and it is HOT! I've been spoiled with the cool weather in Colorado. Pat said that yesterday was much cooler in the morning but did warm up in the afternoon. I think it's supposed to get to the upper 90's today. I feel like I'm back in Austin, TX.

We left in the Vue and Pat took me around to the areas he had traveled by the BMW yesterday. We saw the bars that are filled to the max at the Harley Bike Rally in August. It looked like they were starting to get everything ready for the upoming rally. In fact in town it looks like everyone is revving up for the August event.


This is the sign for Buffalo Chip Bar


This is the Broken Spoke



Above is the Full Throttle

We even saw a postal delivery truck with a harley painted on the side and pictures of Harley's on the back. The whole town is all about Harley's.


We drove by Bear Butte, it was named this by the Indians as they thought it looked like the siloutte of a sleeping bear.


With all the lush green grazing look how fat the cows are. They like to eat as much as I do.


We drove to Spearfish to do some grocery shopping, we went to Walmart and Safeway, our stores of choice since leaving Texas.

Since it was so hot we came back to fix ourselves some lunch and then it was back to work for me. As the day progresses I am feeling better.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cool in the morning so we will go riding in the area on the BMW. Hopefully more pics to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment