Sunday, June 5, 2011

Saturday-On the way to Winery's - Espanola, NM

I'm so excited for today. We are going to the winery's.

We first went to Taos, on our way we saw a log aquaduct and then by the aquaduct was a rancher working his horse. The area was so beautiful. On to Taos for a look at what Pat saw the previous day.







From Taos on the way to the winery's we came to this place that makes teepees and adobe ovens...





Now to the good part... the winery's: The first winery (Vivac')had wine tasting 6 for $3.00. I didn't like any of them.


Winery #2 (La Chiripada) the tasting was free so between Pat and I probably tasted 6. I liked them all. I bought a bottle of Chardonnay at this winery.



Now on to the last winery - the Black Mesa. Thier wines were good here too. The vognier was delicious and I was going to buy a bottle but then they gave me a complimentary taste of the Black Beauty. WOW! It was like drinking a glass of red wine with a piece of chocolate. DELISH! Guess what, I bought a bottle along with a shirt that says "Got Wine?". The tasting at Black Mesa costs $8.00 but you get to keep your wine glass. You can see me at the bar ordering the wines I wanted to taste.






The wine tour over, Pat poured me on the bike (just kidding) and we made our way home along the Rio Grande. We stopped to take some pictures of some rafters.






It was a fun day. Tomorrow we're going hiking at the Bandelier National Park, Frijoles Canyon.........

No comments:

Post a Comment