Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday - Sturgis, SD

Got up early and biked over to Custer State Park. Before we left town we took a picture of rally alley. There is no one on the street now but it will be covered with people and bikes in August.


This is a little shack we saw on a back road we took to Custer.


This begins our tour of Needle Highway in Custer State park.


I'm looking at the map, trying to find our way (just kidding)



I'm waiting on the bike for Pat to take some pics.





Yes, you drive through this hole.







Here's another hole to drive through.



We stopped to visit a general store in the park and had an ice cream. Then we left and drove around the curve to see the herd of buffalo. The buffalo just walk all over and they feel the road belongs to them. I really enjoyed the buffalo. I was really close to them when they were on the side of the ride. How cool!















We're heading home to get our coach ready for the drive to Yellowstone Park tomorrow. Pat will wash the RV and car and I will do all the laundry, going to the RV laundry to do sheets and towels and doing some laundry in the RV.

I'm posting the blog early as we will get up really, really early to leave. I'm looking forward to Yellowstone. Stay tuned for pics....

No comments:

Post a Comment