Saturday, September 17, 2011

Friday & Saturday - Placerville, CA

Friday.... Went to work at 6:00 am trying to make up for some of the slow wifi yesterday but today's wifi was just as slow.  Worked for 3 hours then showered and dressed for the ride to Placerville, CA.  We got to Placerville about 2:45, got set up and then went to the Verizon store to see if I could get better reception for my VPN as I had called Verizon Tech support and they advised visiting a store.  Got Verizon to download an app and then went to Denny's for dinner,  then back to the RV.  I then called Verizon Tech support to get things straightened out with the hope that on Monday I can be working faster and better.

Saturday..... What an amazing day....I checked out all the local Wineries on line for tasting times, etc last night so was ready to head out this morning. We left about 10:00 AM and our first stop was Gold Hill Vineyard. I loved every wine they had and will go back tomorrow to buy at least 6 bottles, will go in the SUV so have a place to carry all the goodies . We then traveled to several other wineries for tasting. Nothing could compare to the Gold Hill Vinyard. Although I did buy 3 bottles at some other wineries later in the day.




This is the David Girard Vineyard next door to the Gold Hill Vineyard. After tasting Gold Hill I only tasted 3 wines here and only a sip of each before tossing the rest in the bucket.










Above is the restaurant we ate at during our wine tasting tour.  I was ready for lunch after 4 wineries.  I had a 1/2 baby spinach salad which was out of this world.  It included avocado, red onion, mushrooms and feta cheese with a house vinegariette along with a baseket of great bread and real butter.  Delish!  I think I'm a California girl when it comes to eating.


For those girls that read the Nancy Drew books, they had a book with Shadow Ranch in the title. I bought a bottle of wine here. 


I don't think you can read the name, this is the Toogood Winery and its in a cave.  


Here we are getting ready to enter the cave.  The  tasting was $5.00 but you got a wine glass (love it).  We tasted 3 wines before entering the cave and then I can't count the wines we got to taste in the cave.  We even got to taste right out of barrels on about 4 wines.  What fun.






After wine tasting at Toogood we headed home.  I had so much fun.  All the people we met at the wineries whether they were tasters or servers were so congenial.  We enjoyed visiting with everyone.

I don't think I need to taste any more wines.  I just want to go to Gold Hill tomorrow for tasting (just one more time) and their festival they are having tomorrow and to bring home some of the best wines I have tasted.  After this I plan to hit the pool at the RV park for some leisure time.  Life doesn't get much better.......



No comments:

Post a Comment