Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tuesday & Wednesday - Prosser, WA

First pic is the sunset on Monday nite here in Prosser.




Tuesday morning I worked while Pat took a ride around the surrounding area.










Lots of Apple Trees


When he returned and after I had gotten my hair colored and cut it was time to visit some more wineries in Prosser.  Every winery we have gone to we have met a lot of nice people from all over, sharing our story of traveling.





Came back to the RV and sat outside reading my book in the shade of the RV.  It may be  in the 90's here but when you are in the shade it is lovely.  I'm loving the low humidity.  After dinner we watched a movie that we got from the RV office for no charge.

Wednesday was a lot like Tuesday in that I worked in the morning and Pat took off riding around the country.  As you can see in all the pics the land is pretty barren unless they have planted tree, grapes and/or crops and are watering that area.  I have found out so much about the growing of grapes since I've been here.  Most of the wineries (unless concord grapes) water the grapes with underground drip systems.  Grapes like to be in stress so don't need or want much water.





When Pat returned we went towards Yakima to visit some wineries in that area.  A lot of the wineries were off the road so we traveled a lot of country through nothing but corn fields, apple trees and grapevines.  The apple trees below are growing in a V formation with the trees leaning back against the wires. 


We visited the Tucker winery and I didn't like any of thier wines but did buy some Tucker Cellars pickled green beans and Pat got some Tucker Cellars Boubon Peppercorn Steak Slather. Can't wait to eat some of that.  We then visited another winery called Tefft Cellars, didn't much care for thier wines either.  Further down the road we visited the Bonair Winery.  We met some bicyclers there which were very nice, they said they loved Austin and had been there for the Music Festival. The server at the winery's Dad lived in Houston so she knew about the hot summers.  Had a great time at this winery visiting and I did buy a bottle of Merlot (description stated this wine was for everyday drinking)








These are the Chardonnay grapes at the Bonair Winery. Look at the flip flot I'm holding.  This is a wine glass holder.  Had to have it.  Notice my blond hair and new do.

The next winery had these trees that were called weeping sequoias.  Very cool.  I didn't like thier wine either.  I've come to the conclusion that I like the Prosser area wines the best. 





Left this winery and I had had enough, so back to home base.  I believe that I can say that I'm almost wined out.  Got back to the RV and the rest of day was  much like Tuesday evening in that I enjoyed reading outside, we had dinner then another movie.  Tomorrow will be our last full day here in Prosser, WA.  I hope to visit the pool again and get some sun.  Then we're off to Portland, Oregon......     


No comments:

Post a Comment