Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunday & Monday - Prosser, WA

Today we got up and had breakfast then decided we needed to find a Walmart.  We finally found the one we had been looking for yesterday in Sunnyside.  We picked up the items plus some that we needed and then went to eat at a Mexican Restaurant with the name of the Bears Den.  Now I'm thinking this was probably another type of restaurant before and they didn't change thier name to something mexican.  It was okay.  We then just struck out on our own in the Red Mountain area of the wine vinyards.  We visited 4 and I bought 1 bottle of wine.  I tasted many I would have liked to buy but at $35 +  per bottle had to pass.  See pics below......











At this winery you could taste about 12 wines with no charge.  That's too many.  I didn't taste them all. They were the only winery that has ice wine which is a different style of  making the wine where the process gets to a temperature and the water is extracted.  It is 28% sugar.  WOW that's sweet! 


Pat liked some of the items they had for sale.







Got home and then went to the pool, its so hot here compared to Montana.  It got up to about 98.  Stayed in the rest of the evening and had dinner, watched a movie and then to bed.  I stayed up later than Pat.  This 2 hour difference is killing me.

Monday... I worked, then went to the pool.  Came home and finished my book. We sat outside while I had a glass of wine, it was so cool in the shade with the breeze.  Lovely.  Ate dinner , will watch some TV and then get ready for another day.  I did make a hair appointment for omorrow for a color and cut, this could be exciting.  We'll see what tomorrow brings...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment