Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday, Bakersfield, CA

We rode the BMW through Kern Canyon with the Kern River swiftly moving and in some places lots of white water to Lake Isabella and the Sequoia National Park.  The road was a great bike road, talk about constant curves and up and down, we did it.  In the one picture you will notice what I guess is smog? (we're close to LA) maybe smoke? (haven't heard of any fires) Notice the dark line.  Anyway, it was a good ride through the Sequoia National Park and riding around Lake Isabella.  I think my grandparents had a house somewhere in the Lake Isabella area that I visited with my parents when I was very young. Not sure. I'm sure though that my Mom will send me an e-mail after reading this to set me straight.









We stopped at Glennville to eat at the Saddle Sore Saloon. (there is nothing in this town, all I saw was the restaurat)  I have to say this was one of the best meals we've had since we left.  The special was a grilled chicken breast with bacon and smoked gouda cheese on a bread I can't remember. It was served with fries, onion rings or salad.  Pat chose the onion rings, me the salad.  The salad was as good as the sandwich.  I brought half of my sandwich home to eat for dinner. Can't wait for later. YUM

While we were eating our sandwich Pat had a mishap and broke his front tooth veneer.  When we returned to the RV he called and got an appointment with a dentist in Bakersfield and it's already fixed.

Here's some pics from Pat's ride's earlier in the week






How do you like these back yards?




This pretty much says it all.

Bakersfield is not the prettiest area in California we've been.  Like I said if I had to pick a place where I had to work a lot I guess I couldn't have chosen better. 

We're leaving in the morning heading to San Diego, my favorite place.  Can't wait.  We'll be staying there for a month.  It's going to be fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment