Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wednesday 1/25/12 to Tuesday 1/31/12 La Feria, TX

Wednesday & Thursday were just normal days with work, walking, laundry.... nothing special.

Friday.....We went to lunch at the 83 Bar and Grill with Mel & Bebe and Larry & Cindy meeting Sandy, who used to cook chili back in the day.  Well, it was great fun as Sandy had some great stories.  I think we spent at least 2 hours at the restaurant.

Saturday......Gary & Mieko left to get back home in East Texas.  It was great fun meeting and getting to know both of them.  Mieko does origami and gave me a beautiful card with an origami flower she designed.  Later in the morning we went with Mel & Bebe to the Flea Market.  I bought a solar yard light.  It's a globe that turns colors at night.  I guess I'm going to have to save it until we move to another location as we are in the shade for most of the day at our site and then we have a huge vapor light that shines on our site at nite.  Anyway the guys had a beer while shopping and I drank a glass of wine.  Mel and Bebe left and then we met up with Lynn, Cindy & Larry in the bar/restaurant at the flea market while they drank a beer then back to the RV.  We spent happy hour with a new couple Mike and Mary who had invited us earlier in the week.  It was pretty windy at their place but we stayed long enough for me to ruin my diet with pizza and a brownie (Pat made the brownies).

Sunday.... Pat got up early to ride into Harlingen and meet up with the bunch of bikers that ride the area each Saturday.  He made it back around 12:00.  We didn't do much but laze around on Sunday afternoon.  I did get my walk in and after pizza and brownies needed the walk.

Monday...... The guys were going to go play golf today but it started raining so they have postponed golf until tomorrow.

Tuesday........A nothing special day, just the usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment