Friday, February 10, 2012

Monday 2/6/12 through Friday 2/10/12 - La Feria, TX

Monday... Still couldn't get my VPN to work so the office had to get their IT people to work on it.  Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to work.

Tuesday...Today is the day that all the crafts people bring their wares to the RV Park. Pat came and got me as they had some T-shirts with Wine sayings and of course sparkles.  I purchased a great pair of flip flops - the straps are zebra with gemstones, so cool and then 2 shirts.  One shirt says "Pick me, Squeeze me, Make me Wine" of course in sparkly letters with grapes and a wine glass. The other shirt says, and ya'll are going to like this, it's so me, "On My Diet Wine is My Fruit".

After shopping we went with Larry and Cindy to Progresso, Mexico to have lunch at Garcia's and buy some dog heartworm meds on the cheap.  Larry drove and it took forever to get into Mexico, the line was long and I'm not sure why unless they were stopping a lot of cars.  They didn't stop us to inspect our vehicle, but since the line was so long and 2 lanes had to go into 1 lane people were getting impatient and there was a guy that tried to barge his way into our lane.  We thought he was going to hit Larry's car but instead he hit the person in front of him since he was riding their bumper.  Pat gave him the thumbs up sign as we went past and he gave Pat the finger.

At Garcia's, Cindy and I both had the Filet Mignon, baked potato, vegetables and salad, the guys had broiled frog legs, onion rings, rice and salad.  It's hard to believe we can get all of this for only $8.95 each entree and that includes dessert.  Oh yes, we all had Margaritas, except Pat, he had a couple of beers.  The Margaritas were excellent.  The line getting back into the States was just as long as getting into Mexico, we waited a long time.  Cindy and I were wishing we had gotten a Margarita to go.  It was a full day.

Wednesday...... It has started raining, rained all night and all day.  I worked for 8 hours today to make up for those days when I couldn't work.

Thursday........It's still raining. We drove to the Bass Pro Shop just to be able to get out of the RV and walk around. They had a restaurant and a bowling alley "Fish Bowl" in this building. They had everything from dishes to jewelry, furniture "Camo" and of course all the sporting goods.


Friday......It's still overcast with a threat of rain.  Pat cooked today, made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and salad. We had Cindy and Larry over for lunch.  It was delish!  Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment