Friday, February 10, 2012

2/1/12 thru 2/5/12, La Feria, TX

Wednesday.....Nothing special, same-o, same-o.

Thursday..... Larry & Cindy, Pat and I rode to South Padre Island today to visit the Turtle sanctuary, Sea Turtle, Inc.   There is a turtle at the sanctuary that is famous, been on TV, YouTube, etc as she has a carbon fiber dorsal fin that has been attached to her body so that she doesn't have to swim in circles.  Allison is her name and she arrived  at the sanctuary as a hand-size, bloodied turtle with little chance of survival in 2005.  Rescuers believe a shark probably chomped the three flippers. Two-flipper turtles can be adopted by zoos and three-flipper turtles can be safely returned to the wild, but with only one, a turtle spins and struggles to break the surface to breathe. They are usually euthanized.  She lost all but 1 leg when very small and the original rudder was made by a man from Colorado. If you'd like to read more about Allison you can google her.

After out turtle adventure we dined at Daddy's.  I had the shrimp kabob and it was great.  Cindy had her usual at Daddy's, Oyster Rockefeller.  I tasted the 3 cheese sauce served on the oysters and it was to die for.  Pat and Larry had the Thursday special which was Shrimp marinara and the shrimp had Cajun seasoning, they were spicy!

Friday.......Pat and Larry went to Play golf then they picked up Cindy and went to eat at Lin's, a Chinese buffet.  I bowed out as not really into Chinese and since I'm still dieting didn't want to be tempted by a buffet, but when Pat returned and told me about the place I may make an exception and go there to eat before we leave the area.  Pat said the place was quite impressive as they have like 4 long tables of food with every kind of anything you can think of, including a table of salads and I believe the price is something like $8.99.

I wasn't able to work much on Thursday or Friday since the office is having Fire Wall problems and is to have replaced by Friday at 3:00 PM.  Due to the fire wall problem I'm unable to get my VPN to hook up with the office so my Outlook won't work.  I'm hoping Monday I can get busy and get some things done.

Saturday...... Got up early and went shopping  at Walmart & HEB, since Friday is payday and the Super Bowl Sunday we figured there would be a crowd at the store.  Believe it or not, but I'm going to cook tomorrow.  I want to make some kind of Green Chili Casserole or Enchiladas.  I'm also making a Margarita Salad to go with my entree.  The dressing is what makes the Margarita Salad, you guessed it, it has Tequila and Orange Liqueur in it, among other things. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Sunday.....Well I cooked my Green Chili Casserole and was a little disappointed in the results.  It was not as spicy as I would have liked and the Margarita Salad dressing could have used a bit more alcohol, which I have added to use another time.  It was edible and I guess that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment