Thursday, February 23, 2012

Saturday 2/11/12 to Wednesday, 2/22/12 La Feria, TX

Saturday......It stopped raining and started out sunny but then turned overcast.  We opted to go to the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville.  They had many different breeds of monkey's, a great reptile house  (Helen, if you are looking at the pics you might want to skip the last few as they are S's) See pics












This big boa is shedding his skin



Sunday.........It's still raining.  We drove to South Padre Island with Cindy and Larry to eat at Big Daddy's again.  Cindy and I had what we had last time and the guys each had something different.  Cindy, Larry and I all had a Bloody Mary, they were on special for $2.50, which was a quarter more than a glass of iced tea.  We stopped at Walmart and purchased a new coffee pot as ours quit this morning.

Monday.......The sun came out today.  Worked, walked, the usual.  Went to eat a spaghetti dinner with Cindy and Larry at the American Legion.  Came back to Cindy & Larry's and visited before heading home.

Tuesday.... Valentine's day.  We didn't do anything special, just like any other day.  It's partly sunny today.

Wednesday........ A nothing special day, but it is sunny with a cold front coming in tonight.

Thursday.....Just the usual.

Friday.......Couldn't work as found out that my office was changing servers so I could not get e-mails via computer, phone or ipad.   No communication with the outside office world.

Saturday......Cindy & Larry took Pat and I to Chili's for lunch as payback for work that Pat had done on their RV.  I had a margarita and a great salad.  It's very windy today.

Sunday.......It's back to overcast and humid today...... I don't think we did anything special.

Monday.......I had to play catch up on working, I can get e-mails via my computer but still no e-mails on my phone or ipad.

Tuesday...... Still catching up.  Cindy & Larry left La Feria today

Wednesday...... Today I went with Pat to play golf. Before we left for the golf course the office got my e-mails on my phone.  Yeah! My phone is pretty much my life line with work when I'm away from the RV.  I didn't play golf just rode with Pat while he played.  Mosquitoes were horrible but we sprayed ourselves with that horrible bug spray.  Pat did join up with 2 men to play the first 9 holes.  Armand was from Manitoba, Canada and Roger was from Iowa, then we were on our own for the back 9 holes.  The sun came out in the afternoon, got up to 88.  I got a little sun burn on my arms and Pat's faced got some burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment